Ready In: 30 mins
- 2 litres reduced-salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 small red chillies, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 600g fresh udon noodles
- 200g Swiss brown button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 bunch baby choy sum, trimmed, cut into 6cm pieces (see note)
- 200g firm tofu, drained, cut into 1cm cubes
- shredded green onions, to serve
- Combine stock, oyster sauce, sugar and chillies in a large saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until noodles soften. Drain. Separate noodles with a fork. Divide noodles between serving bowls.
- Add mushrooms to stock mixture. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Add choy sum. Cook, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes or until bright green. Stir in tofu. Ladle soup over noodles. Top with green onions and serve.