1. Gut and slice goya and then soak the slices in sea salt water for two hours. (It is very important to completely remove the white inner membrane and allow time for the salt soak to remove bitterness).
2. Prepare penne according to directions on package.
3. Rinse and strain handama.
4. Strain goya and sauté in sesame oil on medium heat until tender.
5. Add chili and heat for approximately 10 minutes.
6. Strain and toss penne with handama.
7. Plate and ladle on the goya-chili mixture, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.