4 medium chokoes, peeled and cut into eighths
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
6 baby onions, halved
1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan to a medium temperature.
2. Add the chokoes and baby onions.
3. Reduce heat to a low temperature and cook gently, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
4. Add the capsicum, sugar and balsamic vinegar, stir through till sugar melts and dissolves, partially cover with lid and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
5. Add the basil and cook through for another minute.
6. Remove from heat and allow cooling slightly.