· 2 bunches flowering chives
· 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
· 2 tablespoons chicken broth or water
· 1/2 teaspoon sugar
· 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil for stir-frying
· 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 4 teaspoons water
Wash the flowering chives and drain. Cut on the diagonal into 2-inch pieces (use the buds).
Combine the soy sauce, chicken broth and sugar. Set aside.
Heat wok on medium-high heat. Add the oil, drizzling down the sides. When the oil is hot, add the flowering chives. Stir-fry for about 1 minute, until they turn a brighter green.
Push the chives up to the sides of the wok. Add the sauce in the middle. Add the cornstarch/water mixture to the sauce, stirring quickly to thicken.
Mix the sauce with the flowering chives, cook until the sauce is boiling, but don't overcook. Serve immediately.