· 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
· 1 pound mushrooms (any kind), cleaned, trimmed, and cut into quarters or sixths, depending on their size
· 1 small garlic clove, minced
· 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced fresh garlic chives
· 1/2 cup sour cream
· 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
· Salt and freshly ground pepper
· 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated Gruyere or Fontina
· cheese, or a mixture of both
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté, stirring, until most of the liquid they release has evaporated and the mushrooms are nicely browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic chives and remove from the heat.
Stir in the sour cream and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide the mushrooms among 4 or 5 ovenproof ramekins placed on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the top of each one liberally with the Gruyere or Fontina cheese.
Bake until bubbly and the tops are well browned, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.