14 Pavillion Drive, Airport Oaks, Auckland
Baby Cos with Prawns & Lime
- 24 cooked prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 2 baby cos lettuce, washed, dried, trimmed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- To make the dressing, combine the garlic, ginger, lime juice, sugar, fish sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Combine the prawns, green shallot, cucumber, chilli, mint, coriander leaves and lettuce in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the salad with the dressing and gently toss until just combined. Divide the salad among serving bowls and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately.