Ready In: 30 mins
4 big tuna steaks
2 handful green beans
1 bunch of Choy sum or Gai Lan(Chinese broccoli)
3 cups of precooked and diced taro
1 clove of garlic crushed
1 tomato diced
1 hand full of black olives
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Pre-cook the beans and choy sum by placing them in boiling water for about 45 seconds to a minute.
2. Strain and cool under running cold water. Drain them dry and place them in a big bowl.
3. Add the taro, garlic, tomato and the olives. Season with salt and pepper, squeeze in the lemon, and then add a generous squirt of olive oil.
4. Divide the salad equally on 4 dinner plates.
5. Pre-heat a large frying pan or two medium sized ones.
6. Salt and pepper the tuna on both sides.
7. Add a teaspoon of oil into the pan or pans. Cook the tuna for 2 minutes on each side.
8. Place one tuna steak on each salad and finish with a little squirt of balsamic vinegar