Ready In: 30 mins
• 3/8 cup plain yogurt
• 1/2 tablespoon tamarind paste (Asian supermarket)
• 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
• 1/8 cup canola oil
• 3/4 tablespoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• 1/2 tablespoon garam massala
• 1 1/8 lbs boneless chicken breasts
• 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges (optional)
• In a large mixing bowl combine the yogurt, tamarind, garlic, canola, salt, and cayenne and garam massala.
• Add the chicken, mix and make sure the chicken is covered with the marinade.
• Cover and marinate for a minimum of 4 hours but 8 is preferred.
• Preheat a grill, barbeque or stovetop cast-iron grill to high heat (if doing this indoors makes sure you switch on your exhaust fan, there will be smoke whilst grilling on the high heat. (Doing this in a pan does not work for me; it makes a mess and does not brown so well, grill or barbeque gave me a better result).
• Grill the breasts 4 minutes on each side, then again 4 minutes on each side.
• Check or the thighs are done, if still pink continue grilling.
• Serve with the lemon wedges